Saturday, August 31, 2013

Happy Birthday Malaysia


It is the 31st of August. Like any normal Malaysian, we all know what day it is today. Although so very often it normally just simply equates to FIREWORKS/MERCUN DAY in the nonsense part of my mind, I know it means a lot more to me. Ever since in secondary school, a couple of my friends and I would get my whole class high on singing the national day songs. (the same thing happened when Christmas was drawing near. Though I don't know how I believed that october = Christmas is coming) Hahaha...  but behind all these crazy things I occasionally do which normally results in many death stares around me, there is a heart which sincerely loves and wants to celebrate this day...

What do you think when the word Malaysia comes to mind?? To me, "home" is the word that sums up everything. Home is a place where love resides. Love does not always mean 100% positive moments, but it encompasses the negative as well. True love is reflected when it doesn't fail when hard times comes its way. Having grown up in Malaysia all my life, this is where many things happened and where many people are. Childhood, Adolescence, family, friends, God. Ok God is everywhere I know, but it is here that I came to know God. Should I be born in Australia, UK or even America, I may not really know who He is. I can't guess how I'll be like should I be anywhere but where I am right now, but I know the countless blessings I have by just being in Malaysia and being placed in the circumstances I am in right now. Yes, for those who know my story, I'M NOT MIGRATING. I already made up my mind and I'm happy about it.

I love home because it is where I got my education. I love home because it is where I can have friends of different religions and love them all the same. I love home because I can get lost with my absolutely horrible sense of direction without feeling too worried because there's always a way back to slightly more familiar ground. I love home because it is small; you are never too far away from the people you love (Well, not that far...). I love home because there are alot of public holidays. I love home because we are blessed enough to complain about how we took an hour to get to one place due to the public transportation (people in bigger places take HOURS sometimes). I love home because traffic jams are about the worst thing we get. I love home because there are 'dramas' everywhere. I love home because we are spoilt for choice when it comes to material things. 

The last few ones were more frivolous points, but things to be thankful about, instead of complaining about them. I always believe in a heart of gratitude. With a heart such as this, you would find yourself younger because jaded people are those with an unsettled heart. There will never be a perfect home or nation, in the eyes of our imperfect souls. (That is why, we look forward to heaven!) So while we strive for a better Malaysia, there are many many many things to thank Him for. 

But yes, the best thing about home is that, here is where wonderful family and friends reside. Whether we stay in the west, east, central or north or even in sabah and sarawak, it is really never THAT far away compared to other big nation with different timezones in it. XD

To me, it doesn't really matter what color or race  the people in my HOME are. Because we are still a big family all together as we stand united and live as one. Racism just doesn't appear in my dictionary.

What a patriotic post. Now if only the words are in red... HAHAHA KIDDING. =P
Happy Birthday Malaysia. Thank God for you. May you thank Him today and always too. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment