Friday, February 1, 2013

Friends..

Okay I have no idea why, but its suddenly one of those moments when you have complete inspiration and you find yourself typing all these down. HAHA.... It happens ok.... lol..

Who are friends to me?

I see friends, as amazing people. Souls who have much to offer to this world.. joy being one of it most of the time. I believe that people come into our lives for various reasons, reasons that only God knows many a times. And I like to take time, to recognize the beautiful part of a person which God sees, and to cherish him/her very much for it. When we see why God loves a person so much, loving that person ourselves becomes a greater joy..

Spending time with friends is something I absolutely love as well. Being popular has never been on Kenneth Danker's dreams/desires list (and never will be mind you. I told you I want to stay away from the limelight hehhehe), but having quality, lasting and platonic relationships with people have been... Over the last few years, I've been humbled and honoured to be able to share and enjoy such friendships with various people younger, same age, and older than me. Each and everyone of you have taught and inspired me a lot =).. I enjoy spending time with these people alone, as well as in our fantastic groups. And for people like in CF, I should think that you know that I love planning our outings and surprises is because seeing everyone loving each other, and keeping that amazing bond which includes a high degree of faith in Christ is what I'm satisfied with. 

Well, when I ask myself where does all these love come from, my heart can only undeniably point to one direction: Christ... You know, when I talk about the great delight I take in getting to know friends, and loving them, know that the delight I take in knowing and loving God is far greater. He is my Hiding Place, Great Refuge, Father, Lover, Friend. Best friend in fact. When I tell people I'm having my alone time, its simply quality time alone with Jesus. If my time out with friends refreshes me, my alone time with Jesus rejuvenates me, because the joy, love and faith in me is always restored. Because He loves me, and because I see that He loves all of you, I want to love all of you the same way He is loving you. This definition of this love, can be found in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Such a familiar passage, but what a powerful one too. I would be the first to admit that I am no where near perfection, and hence I have yet to fully possess such a love because THIS IS Perfect Love. But I strive, and I hope you strive too. :) Be it in loving your family, your friends, your God. I have my own way in cherishing, and so will you. The way doesn't matter, the heart does. And if your heart means it, I'm sure that it will shine.. bright enough for at least Jesus to remember it. I believe that we don't need a BGR to show how much we can love that other person, because we should be loving all for who they are =) 

Friends have taught me that giving is more blessed than receiving, because how much I receive from people doesn't matter so much, for I've received the Greatest Love of all already. And really, because I've received from Him, its time to give.... 

So to me, a friend isn't just someone I know by name... He/she is someone I respect, someone I love, and someone I find much joy in walking and sharing this life journey with... This description doesn't change when it comes to my Jesus either... =) He's probably so much more than that too. I've yet to find the appropriate words to continue describing this beautiful relationship with Him.

In conclusion, know that you are loved.. by God and I! And I pray, that you'll go out and love all those He has called you to love. =)

PS: If u're my friend, please stop with your IRRITATING lame jokes, thank you.... oh wait... I think if u're my friend, u will already know that by now..XD





  • A prayer for all the friends in the world.



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment