Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Be thou exalted over my reputation

 I just journaled. Thoughts that have been resting in my head over the last couple of days but had no time to write it down.

"What is a quiet love?

A quiet love is one that chooses to love purely for the sake of Love. Not for recognition, or the want for a returned love, or even for pleasing oneself because we've done a 'noble' thing. No, a quiet love is pure in its intentions. Intentions which are not self glorifying. Instead, it is letting Jesus quietly flow out of you and into the lives around you. And knowing, that its totally not about you."


Ah don't know if it made sense. I had it better structured yesterday! :( tsktsktsk

I also just listened to Nightlights by Jimmy Neeham and for the first time I actually listened carefully to that track. And what a beautiful captivating poem. I think, it might be an explanation for quiet love.

Be Thou exalted over my reputation
‘Cause applause is a poor form of soul medication
And I’ve tried it for years but my symptoms remain

Still fretting the day that they’ll misplace my name
Still selling my soul for American fame
Treating the promotion of Jesus like a well oiled machine
Advancing His kingdom just to snag some acclaim

Now, I’m both comforted and haunted that it isn’t just me though
I see a nation of people needing to feed their own egos
Parading status like steeples
Do we not know it’s evil to love ourselves more than both God and His people?

But see, here’s where you turn this poem on it’s head
‘Cause the greatest among us came as servant instead
And You humbled Yourself to the point of Your death
Apparently love for the Father’s glory runs red

So friends, will we point to the Son till our own flames grow dim?
Will our bright lights become merely nightlights near Him?
Words echo once, let them echo again

Be Thou exalted over my reputation
Be thou exalted over my reputation.
A quiet love, no? (:

No comments:

Post a Comment